Tag...your it!

I've been tagged by a couple of people now, I am very bad at this game....Steph over at Be a Nut with Mrs. McNutt tagged me first, and Holly at Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade got me before I could get away! So here's what you have to do when your IT......

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

here goes..

Fun Facts About Me
 1- I got married when I was 16 (we celebrate our 16th anniversary in May)
2 - I had my kids when I was 17 and 18 (they are 14 months apart)
3 - I cut my nose when I was 9 and had stitches right up the middle - my nostrils are still uneven
4 - I was a cheerleader in high school, now that I'm teaching in the high school it's bringing back lots of memories!
5 - I co-teach with my 7th grade science teacher, she taught my mom, and now my kids!
6 - I have lived all over the state of Michigan but never outside this state
7 - I am coaching Girls on The Run, but I don't really Run myself, I've got to get started!!
8 - I was born in 1979 and weighed 7lbs 5 oz, my son was born in 1997 and weighed 5lbs 7oz!
9 - I have not read The Hunger Games, and do not think I want to, the story line does not interest me in the least, but it's the next book I've got to teach my 9th graders so I will be reading it anyway!
10 - I am abscessed about followers again - I'm at 282 and I just want to get to 300!
11 - I love to create games/center activities for my class and to share with others, I just learned how to use power point to do this and it is so much easier!
12 - I am not a sports person but went to the High School basketball game last night with my family and had a ton of fun! It was a really close game that went into overtime, I think we might be going more often now :)

Questions from Mrs. McNutt
1.  Why did you decide to create a blog? after stalking other blogs I wanted to share what I was doing with others too!
2.  How did you learn the tricks of blogging? stalking others and asking questions everyone is so helpful I've never had someone not answer or help when they could!
3.  Do you have any hobbies? I love to read and write, still want to write a childrens book someday!
4.  In my spare time I like to______. spend time with my family
5.  My biggest challenge in the classroom is_____. behaviors that affect the entire classroom and copy cats that make it even harder to get under control, right now it's running out of the room and school at times and biting I'm dealing with.
6.  What is your go to behavior modification plan for little ones who struggle with your whole class behavior plan? lots of positive reinforcement and teaching alternative behaviors
7.  What is one funny thing a student told you? last week we were talking about students who were able to speak Spanish and how special that was, a little girl raises her had and says she knows Spanish, me in serious doubt of this asks where she learned it, her reply "my mom told me my dad's name in Spanish, it's dick head"
8.  Does your school use a reading and math curriculum?yes we do but not in special education, we use direct instruction programs from SRA and I do a lot of my own activities to supplement
9.  Where is one place you would love to visit? anywhere, we haven't gone on a vacation since 2004 so we are due for one, my husband does not like to travel so I always have to sell it to him
10.  What is your favorite store? Target and Dollar Tree
11.  What is your favorite meal? Taco Salad, or Spaghetti
12.  I couldn't be organized without _______. my lovely drawers you've probably all seen, but if you haven't see them below!


Questions form Holly
1. What is your favorite kind of candy? Milky Way
2.  What is something you are really uptight about? being on time, I can't stand to be late and will miss things rather than go into something late
3.  Is your car clean right this very minute? No, it's actually my son's weekly chore he gets paid to clean out the car, he was at a friends today so it hasn't gotten done yet
4.  What's your "favorite" household chore? if I had a favorite it would be vacuuming - I love how the floor looks when it's all clean!
5.  Do you miss Oprah? No, I never got to watch it it comes on here at 3:00 while I am still at work and  I don't have Tivo
6.  Do you play an instrument? in high school I played the flute, but I don't remember how now
7. What's your favorite piece of technology? this computer! I love the internet and all the convenience it's provided me!
8.  Do you have a social life? NO, I can't really say I even have a friend outside of my family, we've never gone to someone else house for dinner or anything, we aren't anti social we just don't have friends
9.  Are you a phone talker? yes, I talk to my mom everyday, and my husband and I talk all the way home from work
10. Do you text? not much, only to my kids when I can't actually talk to them like when I'm in a staff meeting or something LOL!
11. What's your favorite piece of furniture in your house? I have a recliner that is my chair, everyone knows at a certain time of night you will find me there with my computer and my blog!
12.  Does anything make you squeamish? YES! I can't stand the thought of getting cut or bleeding, I've been very fortunate with my kiddos that we haven't had any major issues with that! Knock on Wood!!

People I'm tagging

1- Tamara at  http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/
2 - Melissa at  http://dillydabbles.blogspot.com/
3 - Vickie at  http://plantspress.blogspot.com/
4 - Mrs S. at http://staplersstrategies.blogspot.com/
5 - Down Under Teacher http://downunderteacher.blogspot.com/
6 - Debbie at http://candauscrew.blogspot.com/
7 - Life in Special Education http://lifeinspecialeducation.blogspot.com/
8 - Hadar at http://misskindergartenlove.blogspot.com/
9 - Rachel at http://msrachelsroom.blogspot.com/
10 - Amanda at http://oneextradegree.blogspot.com/
11  - Leslie Ann at http://lifeinfirstgrade1.blogspot.com/
12 - Amanda at  http://thekindergartenchick.blogspot.com/

Questions for those of you I've tagged

1 - What's your favorite season?
2 - What's your favorite book?
3 - What's your favorite TV show?
4 - How do you celebrate March is reading month?
5 - Do you live close to your school (work)?
6 - What's your favorite thing to teach?
7 - How do you track student progress?
8 - How do you use technology in the classroom?
9 - Do you use Accelerated Reader? How do you reward kids for points if you do?
10 - Do you play sports? what?
11 - How much time do you spend doing your hair each morning?
12 - Whats your favorite memory from high school?

Alright now that was a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG post, keep the tag going and give it away! If you want to answer any of the questions and your not it - feel free to do so in the comments! I love reading your comments!!
.Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Ill get on this tomorrow! and I didnt think I would like the Hunger Games either, not my type usually, but I enjoyed it! The characters were pretty well developed and I felt like I could really visualize everything that was happening!

    You might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I just tagged you too. I have been working on a tag I got from another blogger for a few days and just went to finish it and post it and I saw you had tagged me. Well, you were tagged a third time too. ;)

    DillyDabbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE HUNGER GAMES! My boyfriend and I got it for his mom for Christmas, and she just started reading it, and had to immediately start book 2. I know guys who have read it. It is just GREAT! Plus with the movie coming out, it will be a great read for your kids:-D Thanks for sharing all the info of you, it was fun learning about a bloggy friend:)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top